Sunday, March 28, 2010

Get Motivated!

I was fortunate to attend a "Get Motivated" conference here in Beaumont with several well known high achievers as speakers. I was especially excited to hear Sarah Palin speak. She is such a great women's role model. Mother, activist and an especially strong Christian.
Sarah gave her father's presecription for dealing with disappointments and dicsouragement; "You don't retreat. You just reload." Texans enthusiasticly agreed!

She shared an incident when her son encouraged her to run, by leaving water bottles and little notes for her. At mile one the note read, "Go mom." At mile two the note read, "Keep on." At mile five it read, "For an old lady you're doing great!"
I refuse to be an "ol' lady" so on Saturday, I packed up my tent, table and case of books to be a vender at Art in The Park in Orange.



Sales were good. I was especially pleased to sell copies of "Loon's Necklace" to Alaskan travelers who had fallen in love with the loons as I had.

Surprisingly "Journal" was the best seller. There are a large number of historians who appreciate first hand views of the Civil War.








I met several readers who had read "Grandma's on the Go" and wanted the sequel, "Grandma's Ultimate Road Trip."


I'm always delighted to meet fellow travelers to Alaska. Most have taken tours or cruises. A few other brave souls have driven the AlCan. We enjoy sharing experiences and and reminiscing. "Venture in Faith" is a novel that is set in Alaska and has been a good seller.


April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
I will be speaking to parents who are required to take parenting classes by the Children's Protective Services. I will share Darrell's story with them and help them to understand the devistation of Shaken Baby Syndrome. With education and parenting skills, hopefully children's lives can be saved.

Darrell remains the same.




















No comments:

Post a Comment