Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If Only

Our Ladies missions group met at church this morning to discuss Psalm 139 which talks about God's unconditional love for us. Our discussion began with our self doubts.
If only I were understood better.
If only I was appreciated.
If only my husband (child, parents, boss) valued me.


As a writer, I often think, "If only I could get that manuscript published."
Which brings up "If only that publisher was honest and fulfilled his contract," then I would not be in the bind I'm in today. I've waited, impatiently, for almost two years past the promised release of my book. I've received too many excuses and no evidence that the publisher has done anything except pocket my investment, so now I'm obligated to report the publisher to the Better Business Bureau and to take them to court. I've also had to notify the editor's immediate supervisor that he has been using his job as a means of recruiting unsuspecting authors.

It should be evident that I'm not being vendictive. I just expect people to be honest and treat me honestly. Wtih Facebook and other social -networking sites I hope to help other authors to be aware of unscrupulous publishers.

If Only I'd checked out these people better, been less trusting. But I know that my Lord is in control and that all things work out for the good for those who love Him.

1 comment:

  1. If only are two short words with endless meanings.
    Loved the post.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete