Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bayou Writers Conference

Even without contacs, last Saturday's writer's conference was an eye opener.

I sat with two writer friends, Peggy and Sylvia from Golden Triangle Writers Guild. We discussed the hurricane antholgy, It's in the Gulf, that was finally printed. Several authors contrubuted to the book right after Hurricane Ike in the fall of '08. Thank you Debra for your long frustrating task in getting this edited and put together.

My friend, author Curt Iles, was on the panel for discussion of self-publishing. He has seven books out and is now an independent publisher. His books set in Southwest La. are selling like mudbugs.

I had a one-on-one conference with Gary Goldstein editor with Kensington Press. He liked my proposal for "Soul Sisters", a manuscript I've been working on for some time. He encouraged me to send it to him. That's done!!!

Several other speakers talked about the children's book market, contemporary inspriational writing and ofcourse different aspects of publishing.

An added benefit of the conference was that I was able to showcase my books and sold a few.

The well organized and informational conferencedrive was well worth the drive to Lake Charles All writers and writer wanna-bees should attend a local conference.

. Have you heard of this book yet to be written?
"Annoying Kids" by Ira Tate
or this one:
"It's Not My Fault" by Indy Nile

Have fun and keep on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment