Friday, January 25, 2013

Birthday News

Yep. Today is my birthday. In anticipation of this milestone, I've neglected to blog, but today I'm happy to share good news.

Not only have I made it one more year, and celebrated with family and friends by eating out, but a visit to the opthamologist resulted in good news.

Last Dec. at my regular eye exam I was told that I had the beginning of macular degeneration. I checked on the internet and learned about "age related macular degeneration". Now "age related" didn't sound very good, but neither did vision problems for a writer who has worn glasses or contac lenses, then had cataract surgery.

The good news is that the opthamologist visit yesterday, and further tests, showed that what I have is chronic and that my vision should be stable for the next 15-20 years!!!  Now if the rest of my body can last that long in good health.

Speaking of health, I've started working out at Curves three times a week, eating much more carefully, and increasing my dog walking to 1 1/2 to 2 miles each morning and about 1/2 mile in the evening.
So I'll keep on writing on a new manuscript, teaching art merit badges (tomorrow) at the Boy Scout Merit Badge Fair, and conducting testing in selected middle schools in Houston, then speaking on child abuse in the Spring, holding book signings, and WRITING.

No comments:

Post a Comment