Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Time to Catch up

February has flown. Not much time to write with taxes to prepare for the CPA, speaking for a parenting class at the Pregnancy Resource Center East (PRCE), planting a spring garden and then moving flats inside and covering seedlings for a couple of late frosts.

Last week my cousin, Diane, her son, Toby, and her mom, my Aunt Elsie, spent the week with us. We visited all the thrift stores and resale shops, ate, gossiped, and ate some more.

Now back to writing.
 Last Saturday, I held a book signing in conjunction with the PRCE Crafts Fair in Baytown. A new writer friend, Frances Collins, joined me at the last minute. Frances is the author of "Seashell Prisoners"; the true story of how she had to kidnap her granddaughter to protect her from an abusive man. To learn more about her book see www.seashellprisoners.com/Seashell Prisoner Facebook/blog.

My daugher, Colleen Wait, the author of nine inspirational fiction books sent me copies. They sold well, as did Frances's books and mine. More than 50 venders offered their crafts and specialties.
 Happy the clown entertained us with her antics.
Elvis and one of his fans greeted us with songs. Brings back memories and makes me feel my age!

I will be signing my books and presenting Colleen's books again this year at Art in the Park in Orange, March 16.  Linda Leonard, a writer from Lake Charles will be joining me. We'll be back in booth 27.
Stop by for a free copy of "Adopting Darrell".

No comments:

Post a Comment