Saturday, August 6, 2011

Catching UP



My summer has been one of hurry up and wait.

While recouperating, I wasn't able to be physically active and then the weather has been so hot.... but we won't go there. Oh how I miss Alaska!


So I've spent hours devouring many library books, friends books and editing my current novel.


For the next couple of blogs I will be reviewing books by Colleen Wait. She is a prolific author who as published seven books.


The first, Lessons learned at Summer Camp, answers the questions "Why wasn't I told these things? Why didn't I know?" This short inspriational fiction for teen girls and the mothers, counselors and teachers who love them confronts the worldly challenges faced by teens everywhere. Told through the memories of Angel, a summer camp counselor, who shares her story with the girls in her dorm room. She opens her heart to the girls who doubt the value of purity, as she tells of being a good girl who fell in "love" slipped into sexual promiscuity, alcholism, and a disasterous marriage.


Not only will this book open dialog between adults and teens, but will encourage and empower women who are struggling in ungodly relationships.


If there is a pre-teen or teen young lady in your life this book will open doors to those difficult discussions. I can see it used in youth groups.


You may learn more about Colleen at ColleenWaitWrites.blogspot.com

and get her books at:

smashwords.com/profile/view/cwait

amazon.com/-/eBoo55F5 LXE


Until next time... Write ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment